Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Next Week.

Hey Guys
   Next week I'd like to to "You won't Relent" by Misty Edwards. There's a link in the "Songs To Listen To" tab.
  Musicians: You pretty much play the same chords over and over again. (C# A E F#)(Key of E) The Bass has a sweet riff to carry the song that we all know Caleb already knows. The lead guitar has a harmony to the riff and later plays that riff but heavier. You'll also have a guitar solo.
   We'll stick pretty close to the version I linked you to so give it a listen.
   Singers: Jennifer will be leading this song on the female end. The song is really directed solely by the vocals (because the instruments play the same stuff over and over.) For this time I'd like for pretty much only her and myself to sing for the sake of the flow of the song. I still want all of you on stage worshiping and singing but not into the microphones this time because of the complication of the order of the song. The more we do it we may add vocals later on. 
   You've all been doing great and the music has been wonderful. Don't let the fact that it feels like you're singing to a graveyard overwhelm you. You are there to worship God and sing to Him. The worship of others is a byproduct of that worship. Let's continue to pray that worship will become more involved as the year goes on and the chains break!
   In kids chapel I want to do "I loved to praise Him" this week so get your silly act ready because that one is always fun :)
   Have a great rest of the week! I'll get the rest of the list to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment